Join trakAx on Facebook

M2TS and New Release
Posted: 04 May 2011 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-05-04

I just bought the software and planned to use it for editing and mixing my HD videos from the Sony handhelds.  However, after I bought it, I realized that this software does not support M2TS and .MOV at the current time.  Searching through the forum I noticed the new expected release should solve this problem – but the new release has been promised “coming shortly” since June 2010.  Is there a firm date for this release or is it currently work in progress.

Any help is appreciated

Posted: 05 May 2011 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1081
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Sanz

Thanks for your mail and for purchasing trakAxPC, we appreciate it.,

We are working extremely hard on getting the new update out, it has taken a long time but we wanted to add a lot more features and we want to do it right. We are a small team and we are working long hours to get new update out. As MTS and MOV files can be extremely large (1920 x 1080, 60/120 frames per second) we have been working on having these files optimized for different levels (from older laptops to new desktops) of PC’s and that they utilize all the cores of the processor, so that they run and export great. This has taken some time. I have enclosed a screenshot of some MTS files in the Media Browser, just to show you that we are actually working on .mts and .m2ts files smile

We have also added a lot of new features like a New Content Management System, Effects, Transparent Images, more efficient parsing of files, automatic slideshows, dragging complete folders into the mixing screen, thumbnail previews, etc.

We are going to be releasing a beta version extremely soon and you can contact me at if you would like to participate.

Thanks for your patience and if you have any questions about this please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Cormac

Image Attachments
mts files.png
 Signature 

Cormac - the TrakAx.com Team
--------------------------------------
http://www.trakax.com | PC | MOBILE | CONTENT
Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 05 May 2011 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-04

Thanks Cormac for the update.  I hope we get the beta to test soon.  I have a project that I need to finish by July 1st week, and hope I can take TraKAx (new release) for a spin well before that.  I think this software has massive potential.

Posted: 05 May 2011 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Sanz

Thanks a million for the update and feedback, we really appreciate it. I promise we are working around the clock to get the beta out ASAP!!!!

Thanks again and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Cormac

Signature 

Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 07 June 2011 04:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2011-04-07

Hello,

I have a Sony Camcorder and I have the same problem with the files the camera outputs.
I have to convert them before I can use trakAxPC.
So am also ansious to see an upgrade soon.

But additionally, I want to congratulate the trakAxPC development team for a great piece of software and superb support.

Thanks!

Rodrigo

Posted: 27 June 2011 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-04

I was wondering if there has been any new development on this issue?  Is there a patch or something that we could install on a beta basis to use MT2S and .MOV files?

Regards,
-SM

Posted: 27 June 2011 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Sanz

Thanks for your post

We are very close to releasing a beta of new update to select users which contains support for AVCHD and MOV. If you would like to participate, please contact me at

Best regards
Cormac

Signature 

Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 22 August 2011 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-04

Cormac,

when is the relase coming?  Is it coming?  It’s been more than a year.

Regards,
Sanjeev Misra

Posted: 22 August 2011 05:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Sanz

It is coming I promise. We are ironing out some difficulties and issues with a huge amount of photos being placed into the photo slideshow creator. Once we have this issue out of the way we will be ready with beta.

We are really sorry about the delay but we are doing everything in power to get it out!

I have enclosed a sneak peak of the new update: http://www.trakax.com/software/about/comments/sneak_peek_of_trakaxpc_4/

Best regards
Cormac

Signature 

Twitter | Facebook