Join trakAx on Facebook

Text that follows someone?!
Posted: 21 August 2011 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-08-21

Hey,
i would like to know if there is an option that allows me to let text follow someone or something.
For example if Bob runs through my movie i would like to have a text that says “Bob” over his head all the time while he is moving through the screen in random direction.
So i am searching for an effect where i can tell the text where it has to be at specific point in time.
thanks for your help, sadly i couldnt find what i was searching for in any videos or in the wiki.
Best regards
Robbe

Posted: 21 August 2011 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Robbe,

Unfortunately this is not possible in trakAxPC - what you require is a software package that has motion tracking (such as After Effects or similar). This type of effect is normally only available in high-end packages, as it is actually very complicated to implement, so you can expect to pay quite a bit to achieve this level of functionality (currently After Effects costs $399).

Hope this helps, please drop us a line if you need any further info,

C

Signature 

CATRIONA - THE TRAKAX TEAM
---------------------------
Check us out on Facebook

Posted: 21 August 2011 08:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-08-21

thanks for your quick reply. i thought i might have missed something.
ok next question wink:
is it possible to fade out with a video transition? all the effects are for the beginning (fade in) of a video clip. is there a possibility to use this effects at the end of a clip?