Join trakAx on Facebook

1 of 2
Suggestions/recommendations
Posted: 17 December 2009 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2009-12-17

Hi, I’ve recently purchased the pro version of TrakAx 3.0 and I’ve got to say I’m very happy with what I’ve been able to do with it so far, however I’d like to throw out a couple of features/suggestions.

To maximise the editing area, would it be possible to add an “icon size” option under the preferences? Currently the icons seem a bit too large for my liking, the icons could probably be reduced in size to the same as the rewind icon.
I’m mainly referring to the icons along the top within the blue area, the area itself I find myself scarcely using, it would be useful to include a hide option for that section too if possible since all those tools are available from the drop down menus anyway.

Another suggestion would be the ability to split the individual sections from the TrakAx window itself and make them resizeable individually, or alternatively make them able to float freely within the Trakax window and “click” into position along the edges.

I tend to find the horizontal scrollbar within the Mixing window to be a bit confusing at times due to the way it flows into the tracks section to the left of it, would it be possible to reposition the scrollbar so it doesn’t enter the “track” column on the left? I’ve already found myself editing my videos incorrectly due to falsely believing I had scrolled to the start of my video based on the position on the actual timescale.

I’ll end this with a thank you, I’ve been looking forward to using TrakAx Pro for months now, I’m glad to see the wait was worth while.

Posted: 17 December 2009 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  234
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Daroh

First all thank you very much for the feedback, suggestions and the kind words we really appreciate it.We are delighted you are enjoying trakAxPC.

I will pass your ideas on the icon preferences and hide option to the design team and give them your feedback/suggestions.

You can adjust the size and move each window within the application but you cannot float the windows individually. The windows can also be switched to full screen and back by just clicking on the full screen button. We have done a video to show users how they can the change the size and hide each window. I will pass on your feedback about the “float/click option”.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=896CT2cX5x4&feature=player_embedded

In your point about the horizontal scrollbar. We brought the scroll bar to the beginning of the mixing screen(underneath the track name)as the track name area can be adjusted and resized and also to maximize the amount of mixing screen the user can use.

Thanks again for your feedback and suggestions and I will pass them onto team. We really do appreciate it here.

Best regards
Catriona

Signature 

CATRIONA - THE TRAKAX TEAM
---------------------------
Check us out on Facebook

Posted: 21 December 2009 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-17

Hi again, another quick suggestion.

Would it be possible to implement image transparency support to overlay onto a video?
Such as transparent PNG, GIF, TGA etc.

I also noticed a slight oddity when I had text displayed during my entire video, after each separate clip the text would hide behind the video (at least I think that’s what it could be doing) and would only show again at the end when the text was set to fade out, In order to get around this I had to create a new text overlay at each separate clip.

Posted: 21 December 2009 10:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1058
Joined  2007-07-30

Ho Daroh

Thanks for feedback and suggestions.

You can make a image to overlay on video. This is expained in the collage video. Also in the tip and tricks video, I show you how you can overlay a photo over an entire video.

Collaging video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl-07WRCVxA

Tips and tricks video:
http://www.youtube.com/user/trakaxtips#p/a/u/2/qMMEFMoG8Hw

On your second point, you can always have text on top of any other media by clicking on the always on top button in the channel name ( see screenshot). If you only want the individual text segement on top, click on the segment properties icon and then select always on top in the text segment( see screenshots)

We also have detailed videos on all text features.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or40l0uf3wY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixy0zQ1REmU

I hope this helps you and if you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards
Cormac

Image Attachments
always on top.png
 Signature 

Cormac - the TrakAx.com Team
--------------------------------------
http://www.trakax.com | PC | MOBILE | CONTENT
Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 21 December 2009 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-17

Ah, Thanks for the “always on top” tip, I hadn’t noticed that before.

I was already aware of how to overlay images onto a video, my issue was that the overlayed image does not seem to support transparency, so for example if I wanted to place the image of a think bubble on my video over a specific person, I would end up with a bubble surrounded by a purple box (or whatever the transparency is set to be on that particular image) which is rather ugly looking and not the desired effect.

But thanks for your swift assistance on the matter, I appreciate it.

Posted: 22 December 2009 03:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Daroh

Sorry for the confusion, I now understand what you mean. I will pass on your suggestion to the engineers.

Thanks again for the great feedback and suggestions. We appreciate it.

Best regards

Cormac

Signature 

Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 17 March 2010 02:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-03-08

Being able to use transparent PNG’s over the top of videos would be a great addition.  I just tried it and see that TrakAx isn’t detecting the transparency.

Hopefully that will be added at some point.

Posted: 17 March 2010 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-17

It will be great if you could add bass, midd and treble slider options per each track or even better an ‘envelope’ option, in the same way we can use envelopes for volume, pitch and pan.

That would certainly improve Trackax as a mixing program. =)

Posted: 17 March 2010 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30
TaaDow - 17 March 2010 02:27 PM

Being able to use transparent PNG’s over the top of videos would be a great addition.  I just tried it and see that TrakAx isn’t detecting the transparency.

Hopefully that will be added at some point.

Hey TaaDow - we agree with this suggestion. We are working on this for a future release.

Thanks!

Signature 

Check us out on Facebook

Posted: 18 March 2010 01:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2010-03-08

Thanks Catriona!  That’s a feature I love in Sony Vegas Pro but it’s very expensive and TrakAx can do a lot of what Vegas can do for an unbelievably low price.

Posted: 18 March 2010 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30
Kleurtje - 17 March 2010 04:22 PM

It will be great if you could add bass, midd and treble slider options per each track or even better an ‘envelope’ option, in the same way we can use envelopes for volume, pitch and pan.

That would certainly improve Trackax as a mixing program. =)

Hi Kleurtje - thanks for your message. This is something that is also on our development roadmap. In the meantime, you may want to look at the Blue Cat Triple EQ effects which may help you achieve the sound you are after (please see screenshot attached).

Just for everyone else, our next release is focusing on displaying thumbnails in the media browser and an improved media parsing engine. You can learn more about this next release here:
http://www.trakax.com/software/about/weblog/category/development_roadmap/

thanks again for the messages,

Catriona

Image Attachments
blueCat_bass.png
 Signature 

Check us out on Facebook

Posted: 19 March 2010 03:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-03-17

Thanks for your answer, Catriona. Great to hear you are working on quite some improvements, will be looking forward to it. :D

Posted: 23 March 2010 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2008-11-09

Have just got around to trying the new version.
It seems to function smoother than the previous version (I’m using Vista Home Basic).

By the way thanks for reducing the slide time to 5 secs, I can now create AVs much esaier
as I don’t need to adjust every slide.

Keep up the good work.

Pictron.

Posted: 23 March 2010 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi Pictron

Thanks a million for the feedback and the comments we really appreciate it. I am delighted that you are finding version 3 smoother and easier to work with.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion on the 5 seconds per photograph, I think it works much better than version 2.

In regards to photo slideshows, we have a new update coming out very soon which you will able to see the thumbnails of your photos and video which will make it much easier to find the photos on your PC/external devices.

http://www.trakax.com/software/about/comments/development_update_thumbnails_and_quicker_parsing_coming_soon

Thanks for again for the feedback Pictron.

Best regards
Cormac

Signature 

Twitter | Facebook

Posted: 29 October 2010 03:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-10-29

Hi,

Been using trakax for a few months now, and I love it!
I know this thread hasn’t been active for quite some time, but I have some suggestions for the new release (if there is enough time).  One thing that would be nice is having hotkeys, such as using “S” to toggle segment snapping, or “C” for automatic crossfading, or using “Space” as the play/pause button (like Final Cut Pro).  Another cool thing would be to have collapsible headers, because when trakax is not set to fullscreen, the headers seem to become a little obtrusive
Now, you guys don’t need to feel any obligation to add these features, but I think it would make trakax even more awesome than it already is.

Keep up the great work!

-Evilgenus

Posted: 29 October 2010 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-30

Hi evilgenus

Thanks for the feedback and the suggestions, we really do appreciate it.

We are finishing up the new update so unfortunately will not be able to add any more functionality to it.

I have a couple of points though.

In regards to hotkeys, do you want the hotkeys to turn off/on the snapping and turn on/off the crossfading? Could you elaborate on how you see these working?

With collapable headers, do you want let’s say, the media browser to be removed from the screen and then re-opened when you want to use it again?

You can do this by clicking on the close button in top right hand corner. You can re-open it by clicking on Media Browser icon in the main toolbar. (see screenshot)

All the windows can be closed and re-opened and moved to other areas of the screen. See Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=896CT2cX5x4&p=7E04AA433DFF0F27&playnext=1&index=19

You can use the space bar to play and pause in the mixing screen and trakkutter. Make sure you have clicked inside the window or the main title of either mixing window or trakkutter and then hit the space bar to play and hit it again to pause.

I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to contact me on any aspect of this mail.

Thanks again for the suggestions, we really appreciate your feedback.

Best regards

Cormac

Image Attachments
close button.png
 Signature 

Twitter | Facebook

1 of 2